Welcome to KWAN TAE KWON DO
In 1987, Grand Master Cho began teaching Sun Do Kwan at the Ledgwood location and continued for over 30 years.
Today, we continue the lineage and teachings at:
KWAN Tae Kwon Do in Kenvil NJ.
Our School has been teaching the traditional martial arts of Chung Do Kwan Tae Kwon Do and Hap Ki Do for more than 30 years. Today, Master Bob Pearsall, a student of Grand Master Cho’s for more than 30 years, continues the legacy of Grand Master Cho’s timeless teachings and training.
Master Pearsall was directly appointed the title Master by Grand Master Cho in 2011 due to his dedication, knowledge and development of his skills in the martial arts. Master Pearsall brings to KWAN Tae Kwon do, an old school way of traditional, professional teaching and training. He strives to make his students the best they can be in Tae Kwon Do, and also in the world outside of the School. He makes his students strong in both mind and body. Preparing them to tackle any problems they encounter in real world life. He brings a Learn and Earn mentality to his students.
Tae Kwon Do and Hap Ki Do
More than 2,000 years ago the indigenous people of the Korean peninsula began to develop a form of combat called Taek Kyon to defend their country from tyranny and oppression. This form of combat was not only used as a means of protection, it was used as a tool to promote loyalty, respect, discipline, and harmonious living.
Adults: 15 & up
Master Bob Pearsall
– More than 25 years studying traditional Chung do Kwan Tae Kwon Do and Hap Ki Do under Grand Master Cho, 9th Dan Black Belt
– Specializes in Hap Ki Do and Multiple weapons: Bo staff, Katana & Nunchukas
– Started training at Cho’s Tae Kwon Do in April of 1986
– Became an Instructor as a Brown belt in the Fall of 1987
– Received his 1st Degree Black belt in December of 1989
– Received his 2nd Degree Black belt in December of 2004 after returning from a 12 year absence
– Received his 3rd Degree Black belt in December of 2007
– Officially certified 4th Degree Black belt on Oct 5th, 2011 from World – Chung Do Kwan Federation of Korea and the President of World Tae Kwon Do, Woon Kyu Uhm, 10th Dan Black Belt.
– Officially appointed Title Master by Grand Master Cho, 9th Dan Black Belt on Oct 5th of 2011
– Received multiple appreciation awards as an Instructor and Master from Grand Master Cho in: November 1992, May 2007 & Master Appreciation awards from 2011-2017.
– Holds 1st & placed in Multiple Regional Tae Kwon Do championships as a Student and Instructor
DOWNLOAD THE CLASS SCHEDULE!
Call us at (862) 219-5427 or fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can.